Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Kara Da Xin Update

We received an email from our agency today with an update on Da Xin and one photo. It brought me to tears. BIG HAPPY TEARS!!! Thank you God for preparing Da Xin's heart for this adoption!!

Da Xin quickly adjusted from holiday break to the busy school when the new term started. She studies hard, listen to the teachers, finishes the homework on time and she has very good grades. At school, she helps others. At home, she helps foster parents with some light house work. Now, she not only can cook rice, noodles, make soy milk but also making stir fry dishes. When she received her adoptive family’s packet she was very excited! And she opened and read the letter, immediately she said “I can not wait to meet my Mama, Papa.” She replied the letter right away. In the letter, she addressed her wish to meet her new family and come home. She wore the new cloth that her parents sent, and shared the family pictures with her teacher, classmates and her friends. She said to everyone “I have Papa and Mama, I have a home now!” She is turning 11 in two months. She sleeps and eats well, she has her schedule and she is healthy.


Did I mention big ol' happy tears?!?

Da Xin's new measurements still show her to be Leila's height and weight. And we received one new photo of her, attached below. And I'm so excited that it sounds like she has a letter in the mail on its way to us. Hallelujah!!


We love you, Kara Da Xin!!

Da Xin April 09

Updated Measurements:

Height - 135 cm / 53.1 inches

Weight - 32 kg / 70.5 lbs.

Head Measurement - 53.5 cm / 21 inches

Chest Measurement - 60.5 cm / 23.8 inches

Foot Length - 21 cm / 8.3 inches

13 comments:

Faye said...

She is so cute. We can't wait to hang out with her.

Anonymous said...

I hopped right over here to see her picture - beautiful! I bet she is so excited and can't wait to come home.

Stacy said...

I read again..more tears! She's so beautiful and her heart is with you all now! Can't wait to hear what her letter says :)

Tisha said...

Michelle,

Somehow I forgot that you started this private blog. I've been missing out!!!! I'm a follower now so I won't miss any updates on your beautiful Kara! The Lord has blessed you with another special girl. I can see it in her eyes and smile. :) You should warn us though when we might need a kleexex. Sniff, sniff. CAN'T wait to follow your journey to another daughter who was born in your hearts. :)

Blessings,
Tisha
BTW, I would love to be a guest in that gorgeous pink room. She's gonna love it!

LaLa said...

Oh, that is the SWEETEST thing ever. Love her new pic and I know you can't wait to get your hands on that letter...something she touched!!! : )

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Oh my gosh....she is too cute!! It sounds like she is very excited to meet you all.......I am so happy for you Michelle....I hope you get to bring her home soon!

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Oh how I love this picture. You can just tell this girl's got spirit:) Look at how she holds her head up high! Love it!!! Can't wait to meet this sweet brave girl!

Missy said...

Michelle!!!

Kara is sooo beautiful, with a smile that lights up the screen. I am so glad that she is sooo happy to have a new family. What a blessing.

Paige only weighs 67 lbs. so it looks like we have two small fries on our hands :) Like I say to Paige...good things come in small packages!
Love to you all!

Steffie B. said...

she is just beautiful Michelle.....what a journey this will be for all of you....

day by day said...

Michelle....she is sooo beautiful! I am just so happy for you to receive such great updates!! They must make you even more anxious to meet her.

fleur de lis cottage said...

Wow..what a beauty. Can't wait to follow your trip

Gwen Oatsvall said...

girl, she is one cutie ... i am beyond doing a happy dance here ... She is going to bless so many when she gets home !!!

Marla said...

Oh Michelle! She is so gorgeous!