Friday, May 29, 2009

Another Amazing Da Xin Update

Blog entry 4/10/09 on public blog

I am having difficulty finding the words to describe the tremendous gifts we have been given this week. When we asked in October if Da Xin wanted to be adopted, we really didn't know how to interpret her response. "I know my family is overseas," didn't really give us much insight into her desire. Yet, we felt this was God's will for us, so we took a leap of faith. But, if I'm being honest with you, I have to say that I have thought about this a lot since we began the process. My biggest prayers have been that God begin healing and preparing her heart for this adoption. She has been with the same foster family for 4 1/2 years and my mind has raced over and over... How will she react? How will her foster family react? I have just been so overwhelmed with joy at receiving the update from our agency earlier this week... and now a letter from her this afternoon. On top of everything else, it is such a blessing to receive information on her foster family, which we knew nothing about.

Thank you, God, for leading us on this journey.

Thank you for leading us to Da Xin.

Thank you for having bigger plans for us than we have for ourselves.


Thank you for filling our hearts with an overwhelming sense of peace and joy about this adoption, as we wait for You to bring us to her in Your perfect time.


Dear Papa, Mama and rest of family,

How are you? I am very happy to receive your letter, and can not wait to meet you in person, play with Leila and Mia, and have a happy life with you all. I saw the pictures you sent, and it feels very warm, especially what such a room I have. (Note: she has only seen the "before" guest room photos; not the "after" photos.) I enjoy the gifts that you sent today. The two clothes fit me very well, and the blanket is soft and warm.

My current family is very nice. We have total four family members, Papa, Mama, older brother and me. They are taking very good care of me and loving me. And they cook good meals for me too. They buy me nice clothes, and teach me to be a good person.

I am very happy. I can not wait to join the family.

Da Xin
3/23/2009

She also drew us a picture. The Chinese characters mean "Happy".Ka_Da_Xin_Picture

And here is the original letter. What penmanship!!

Da_Xin_First_Chinese_Letter


No comments: